One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An extinct terrestrial edentate mammal of the Cenozoic era in America, typically of very large size.
- ‘We, furthermore, tested extracts from a cave bear from which endogenous bear sequences cannot be amplified and a Pleistocene ground sloth from South America using the same controls.’
- ‘Sabertooth tigers stalked giant ground sloths around the La Brea Tar Pits, and left behind their bones.’
- ‘The first North Americans lived side-by-side with elephant-like mammoths and mastodons, giant short-faced bears, sabre-toothed cats, tree-sized ground sloths and heavily armoured glyptodonts.’
- ‘In North America these included mammoths and mastodon, giant ground sloths, and glyptodonts.’
- ‘Inside the caves here, you can virtually smell the dung of prehistoric mammoths and ground sloths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.