One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The movement of an aircraft along the ground just before take-off or just after landing.
- ‘However after changing the fuel control unit, a further compressor surge was induced during a subsequent ground run.’
- ‘First, with the wind behind, you use considerable ground run just to get the wings and propeller in ‘zero wind’.’
- ‘I immediately advised the aircraft commander to shut down the outboard engines to help reduce our landing ground run and started checking the distance remaining markers.’
- ‘The aircraft was damaged when the turbosupercharger caught fire during ground runs.’
- ‘Both assumed an engine ground run was in progress.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.