One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The movement of an aircraft along the ground just before take-off or just after landing.
- ‘First, with the wind behind, you use considerable ground run just to get the wings and propeller in ‘zero wind’.’
- ‘However after changing the fuel control unit, a further compressor surge was induced during a subsequent ground run.’
- ‘The aircraft was damaged when the turbosupercharger caught fire during ground runs.’
- ‘Both assumed an engine ground run was in progress.’
- ‘I immediately advised the aircraft commander to shut down the outboard engines to help reduce our landing ground run and started checking the distance remaining markers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.