One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Game animals such as rabbits and hares that live in the ground.
Play consisting of running to advance the ball.
- ‘It was a different game in his day, a low, running ground game.’
- ‘With a middling ground game, the passing game most move the chains.’
- ‘In football terms it is a ground game, not a passing game.’
- ‘This ground game I think is as important as the air game, if you will, that you're seeing.’
- ‘In the last four games, the ground game produced just 342 yards and 2.9 yards per rush.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.