Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Game animals such as rabbits and hares that live in the ground.
Play consisting of running to advance the ball.
- ‘It was a different game in his day, a low, running ground game.’
- ‘In the last four games, the ground game produced just 342 yards and 2.9 yards per rush.’
- ‘With a middling ground game, the passing game most move the chains.’
- ‘In football terms it is a ground game, not a passing game.’
- ‘This ground game I think is as important as the air game, if you will, that you're seeing.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.