One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See ground control
- ‘Once the telescope is placed in its orbit, ground controllers will send a message telling the telescope to unfold its high-tech mirror petals.’
- ‘But they are assured by the ground controllers - particularly an overly confident navigation expert - that the asteroid will pass no more than five kilometers away.’
- ‘Not only would I have been at fault for flying into weather beyond the capabilities of the aircraft, but the tapes would have clearly shown the ground controller supervisor telling me that I shouldn't be flying on that day.’
- ‘The space vehicle is sufficiently far away for the ground controllers - having access to all data and not just a limited selection - to take the best decision.’
- ‘If we are unfamiliar with a particular gate or taxi route, ground controllers are more than willing to help out with directions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.