One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount of clear space between the lowest part of a vehicle's frame and the ground.‘the good ground clearance is another attraction in any off-road situation’
- ‘Another feature is electronically activated pneumatic self-levelling suspension to maintain the ground clearance.’
- ‘It offers the all-road ability and the ground clearance of an SUV in an estate car.’
- ‘It had raised exhausts for better ground clearance.’
- ‘Its ground clearance has been greatly increased to enhance the cross-country capabilities.’
- ‘My only quibble would be with the car's ground clearance.’
- ‘The landing gear attachment was positioned at the lowest point of the inverted gull section, which gave adequate ground clearance for the propeller.’
- ‘The tips are canted up to give more ground clearance on takeoff and landing.’
- ‘Ground clearance is excellent, yet you still have a very stable work platform.’
- ‘Its high ground clearance means it is perfect for wading through water.’
- ‘It has a smaller turning radius, is much more stable, handles more payload, is faster, and has more ground clearance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.