One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount of clear space between the lowest part of a vehicle's frame and the ground.‘the good ground clearance is another attraction in any off-road situation’
- ‘My only quibble would be with the car's ground clearance.’
- ‘Another feature is electronically activated pneumatic self-levelling suspension to maintain the ground clearance.’
- ‘Its high ground clearance means it is perfect for wading through water.’
- ‘It offers the all-road ability and the ground clearance of an SUV in an estate car.’
- ‘It has a smaller turning radius, is much more stable, handles more payload, is faster, and has more ground clearance.’
- ‘The landing gear attachment was positioned at the lowest point of the inverted gull section, which gave adequate ground clearance for the propeller.’
- ‘It had raised exhausts for better ground clearance.’
- ‘Ground clearance is excellent, yet you still have a very stable work platform.’
- ‘Its ground clearance has been greatly increased to enhance the cross-country capabilities.’
- ‘The tips are canted up to give more ground clearance on takeoff and landing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.