One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She smiled faintly as we described its peppery grottiness.’
- ‘I was in the midst of this brief erotic daydream when she suddenly looked up, making me feel suddenly guilty, acutely aware of my own grottiness and altogether rather unworthy of her.’
- ‘It's an early attempt at mythologising the harsh urban grottiness of the built environment of a gigantic city and juxtaposing it with the image of a young woman.’
- ‘I have tremendously fond memories of the Free Trade Hall, despite its general grottiness, and its poor acoustics.’
- ‘Or was it some kind of situationist art installation designed to highlight the grottiness of the lavatory?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.