One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I was in the midst of this brief erotic daydream when she suddenly looked up, making me feel suddenly guilty, acutely aware of my own grottiness and altogether rather unworthy of her.’
- ‘She smiled faintly as we described its peppery grottiness.’
- ‘Or was it some kind of situationist art installation designed to highlight the grottiness of the lavatory?’
- ‘I have tremendously fond memories of the Free Trade Hall, despite its general grottiness, and its poor acoustics.’
- ‘It's an early attempt at mythologising the harsh urban grottiness of the built environment of a gigantic city and juxtaposing it with the image of a young woman.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.