One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A term formerly used to denote certain criminal offences, in particular sexual activity between men (before this was decriminalized) and sexual offences against children.‘he was charged with gross indecency’
- ‘He imposed an additional sentence for gross indecency and taking indecent photographs.’
- ‘He was convicted of four counts of inciting children on a bus to commit acts of gross indecency.’
- ‘He has been cleared of gross indecency with a seven-year-old girl.’
- ‘He denied 23 counts of indecent assault and one of gross indecency.’
- ‘He was sentenced to five years on each of the two convictions for gross indecency, with four years of each sentence suspended.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.