One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A term formerly used to denote certain criminal offences, in particular sexual activity between men (before this was decriminalized) and sexual offences against children.‘he was charged with gross indecency’
- ‘He was sentenced to five years on each of the two convictions for gross indecency, with four years of each sentence suspended.’
- ‘He has been cleared of gross indecency with a seven-year-old girl.’
- ‘He denied 23 counts of indecent assault and one of gross indecency.’
- ‘He imposed an additional sentence for gross indecency and taking indecent photographs.’
- ‘He was convicted of four counts of inciting children on a bus to commit acts of gross indecency.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.