One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of Western Australia.‘the company was as good as Groperland can produce’
- ‘These wild flowers of loveliness, variety, and profusion are to be found nowhere else on earth but in poor arid Groperland.’
- ‘This law obtained under groperland Government.’
- ‘This same gentleman got himself created King of Groperland.’
- ‘Hail, Groperland! Australia West! Of earth's fair places thou art best.’
- ‘The practice of leaving £900 with only a Yale lock between it and the hungry world is evidently a peculiarity of Groperland.’
1940s: from Sandgroper.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.