One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Finally, I woke up at about 2 and dragged myself around the house until I could shake off the grogginess.’
- ‘Fact is, his grogginess is of a piece with his intensely absurd comedy, the enervated mutterings of one worn out by too much hard thinking.’
- ‘Birds are just one of nature's beauties and hearing them each morning helps me to appreciate, in all my grogginess, that I've lived to see another day.’
- ‘I figured I'd be released in a few days, so, aside from my anesthetic grogginess, I was in a pretty good mood.’
- ‘The streetlights along the track cast a pale whiteness upon the silent train; I experienced a familiar wee-hour grogginess that melded so eerily with the shadowy black and whiteness of the scene.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.