One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A heavy drinker.‘like most grog artists, I didn't realize what a maniac it turns you into’
drunkard, drunk, inebriate, imbiber, tippler, sot, heavy drinker, hard drinker, serious drinker, problem drinkerView synonyms
- ‘It was all too easy for a lonely and dispirited person to become a grog artist.’
- ‘I'm surprised they've hung onto the property if he's a grog artist.’
- ‘She hasn't reached the grog-artist stage yet.’
- ‘Proper grog artist, I was.’
- ‘He used to be a grog artist before he met Mum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.