Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A self-serve grocery.
- ‘At the top of Glen, we turn west and steal into a very upscale enclave that includes several banks, a dry cleaner and Summerhill Market, the pricey gourmet groceteria where he has been doing takeout for some 20 months.’
- ‘Afterward, we enjoy a special lunch and wine tasting at Peck - one of the finest gourmet groceterias in the world.’
- ‘If I'm here for a little longer the stunning Montmorency cherries will appear, stoned, in huge buckets in the humblest groceterias.’
- ‘There are two groceterias with a large offer of food and articles the campers need.’
- ‘Small groceterias and traditional stores are namely the main shopping places in Pardubice and Czech Highlands region.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.