One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The film feels grittily authentic at times and like a comic road movie at others.’
- ‘But grittily, the Welsh hung on, preserving their culture and sense of identity.’
- ‘It's what one might expect from an artist renowned for his bitterness and grittily unpleasant realism.’
- ‘There was a sense in the 1970s that to be a proper Scottish writer you had to be grittily realistic.’
- ‘It was grittily down-to-earth, absorbing, and best of all, made me want to re-read some of Murdoch's novels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.