One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Consisting of or full of gristle.‘gristly bits of beef’
stringy, sinewy, fibrous, ropyView synonyms
- ‘Both women tore into gristly steaks using sheer will more than the sharpness of their cutlery.’
- ‘English food isn't all about gristly roast beef, boiled potatoes, instant gravy and overcooked veg.’
- ‘Specimens consumed in Orkney have been described as gristly, and those taken from certain beds have too strong a flavour of iodine or seaweed.’
- ‘All of a sudden there is a yelp from the table in the far corner and a woman spits out two small gristly bits of meat.’
- ‘My lamb kebab with vegetables and potatoes was chewy and gristly and contained offal which some people may not like.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.