One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of a people of mixed European and Khoikhoi origin, living mainly in the Eastern and Western Cape provinces of South Africa.as modifier ‘set out with Griqua guides’
- ‘He was a remarkable leader whose vision has guided and united the Griqua people for 100 years.’
- ‘The Griqua were to see little of the wealth that was to be generated from the enormous diamond mines.’
- ‘Three histories and a novel lie open in front of me, all having to do with the Griqua people of South Africa.’
- ‘A group of Griqua sold their lands in the Orange River Valley to Boers and migrated across the Drakensberg into land depopulated by the Zulus.’
- ‘Diamonds were found in 1867-8, in an area occupied by Griquas, Koranmas, and some Afrikaners.’
The name in Nama.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.