One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A solution given to babies for the relief of colic, wind, and indigestion.
- ‘Your pharmacist can advise you on simple medicines and/or gripe water that will help prevent colic.’
- ‘The easiest way is to put a teat in their mouth and pour the gripe water in.’
- ‘I've used gripe water for all of my children mainly for hiccups and I think my parents used it for us too.’
- ‘Sweet fennel is one of the ingredients in gripe water, the soothing drink given to babies.’
- ‘Various over-the-counter preparations may help, such as herbal drinks, homeopathic drops, gripe water and baby colic medications.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.