One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A solution given to babies for the relief of colic, wind, and indigestion.
- ‘Various over-the-counter preparations may help, such as herbal drinks, homeopathic drops, gripe water and baby colic medications.’
- ‘Sweet fennel is one of the ingredients in gripe water, the soothing drink given to babies.’
- ‘The easiest way is to put a teat in their mouth and pour the gripe water in.’
- ‘I've used gripe water for all of my children mainly for hiccups and I think my parents used it for us too.’
- ‘Your pharmacist can advise you on simple medicines and/or gripe water that will help prevent colic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.