One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of meat stew usually made with beef steak, typical of French regional and Cajun cooking.
- ‘One of the things I find most interesting about grillades is that it's one of those dishes that has a place on all rungs of the social ladder.’
- ‘None of us ever had grillades and grits at home.’
- ‘Cover Dutch oven and allow grillades to cook slowly for approximately 45 minutes.’
- ‘Oh, and if you ever find yourself in Atlanta and thirsty, stop by Max Lagers and ask for J.R., he's the head brewmaster and part owner, tell him I sent you and tell him you love his grillades.’
- ‘A speciality of Louisiana is ‘grillade and grits’, beef or veal braised with seasonings and served with buttered grits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.