One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of meat stew usually made with beef steak, typical of French regional and Cajun cooking.
- ‘A speciality of Louisiana is ‘grillade and grits’, beef or veal braised with seasonings and served with buttered grits.’
- ‘Cover Dutch oven and allow grillades to cook slowly for approximately 45 minutes.’
- ‘Oh, and if you ever find yourself in Atlanta and thirsty, stop by Max Lagers and ask for J.R., he's the head brewmaster and part owner, tell him I sent you and tell him you love his grillades.’
- ‘One of the things I find most interesting about grillades is that it's one of those dishes that has a place on all rungs of the social ladder.’
- ‘None of us ever had grillades and grits at home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.