One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shallow metal container used for cooking food under a grill.‘line the grill pan with foil’
- ‘Arrange in a single layer on the rack of a foil-lined grill pan, and grill under a high heat until the pieces develop an appetising brown crust.’
- ‘Nearly three out of ten fires were suspected of being caused by chip pans, grill pans, or cookers.’
- ‘Lay each piece of chicken on the grill pan, skin-side down.’
- ‘It was fine until I wanted to use the grill and realised the grill pan had no handle.’
- ‘Arrange the halved peppers in a grill pan (or on a heavy baking tray), then stuff each half with a wedge of chicory.’
- ‘I also like the stove's heavy duty burner grates and grill pan which all feel sturdy and well-made.’
- ‘The fire crew managed to gain entry to the property, and after tackling the grill pan fire, ventilated the area.’
- ‘In Greenwich Park, sledgers armed with kitchen trays, grill pans and plastic bags slid down the snow-covered slopes.’
- ‘Position the grill pan about a hand's length away from the elements and grill the peppers for 6-8 minutes, or until they are frazzled at the edges.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.