One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An official process for dealing with a complaint raised by an employee against their employer regarding treatment believed to be wrong or unfair.‘her complaint was resolved through a grievance procedure’
- ‘In an ideal world, all employees would be able to turn to an internal anti-harassment or grievance procedure.’
- ‘Most people who have experienced bullying at work don't use formal grievance procedures; they are far more likely to move or seek a transfer instead.’
- ‘The institution claimed it investigated her claim of sexually harassment "carefully and fully" in accordance with its grievance procedures.’
- ‘Grievances against universities are preferably resolved within the grievance procedure which universities have today.’
- ‘The Defence Minister said the new independent body will complement and strengthen existing grievance procedures within the military.’
- ‘The company spokesman declined to comment on her case because it was going through grievance procedures.’
- ‘Should these processes be inappropriate, then staff can use the grievance procedure.’
- ‘Retaliation is strictly prohibited and is a serious disciplinary offence under the grievance procedures.’
- ‘I sent an email to you directly as required by stage 3 of the grievance procedure.’
- ‘The Council adopted a new grievance procedure for complaints against the staff's handling of a matter, a process formerly associated with the annual meeting.’
- ‘When she found out he had made allegations against her, she considered taking out her own grievance procedure against him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.