Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fixed voltage applied between the cathode and the control grid of a thermionic valve which determines its operating conditions.
- ‘The plate power supply, the screen grid power supply, and the control grid bias supply are connected in series.’
- ‘This form of grid bias is suitable only for small a valves having very small signal input voltages.’
- ‘One solution is to provide some negative grid bias to reduce the screen sensitivity.’
- ‘The actual signal that drives the tube is the combination of the grid bias and the audio drive signal.’
- ‘Furthermore, there is a frame containing three rectifiers for the grid biases of different stages.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.