Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fixed voltage applied between the cathode and the control grid of a thermionic valve which determines its operating conditions.
- ‘This form of grid bias is suitable only for small a valves having very small signal input voltages.’
- ‘Furthermore, there is a frame containing three rectifiers for the grid biases of different stages.’
- ‘One solution is to provide some negative grid bias to reduce the screen sensitivity.’
- ‘The actual signal that drives the tube is the combination of the grid bias and the audio drive signal.’
- ‘The plate power supply, the screen grid power supply, and the control grid bias supply are connected in series.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.