One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A range of grey shades from white to black, as used in a monochrome display or printout.as modifier ‘a greyscale scanner’
in credit, in funds, debt-free, out of debt, solvent, financially sound, able to pay one's debts, creditworthy, of good financial standing, solid, secure, profit-making, profitableView synonyms
- ‘It produces a greyscale image and can refresh in about a second - far too slow to display moving images.’
- ‘We begin by modifying the photo to create an image which is amenable to analysis: calculations of box dimension require a completely black and white image - no greyscale is allowed.’
- ‘The device contains 8MB of RAM, a greyscale screen and a 16-channel polyphonic sound system.’
- ‘We therefore developed a method to extend the dynamic range of the BAM grayscale in a quantitative manner.’
- ‘Unfortunately, we didn't have a colorimeter handy, so couldn't verify the actual setting across the grayscale range.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.