One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stadium or course used for greyhound racing.‘I used to live near a greyhound track, though I've never actually gambled on the dogs’
- ‘At the greyhound track bettors usually have as many as 12-14 wagering pools to select from.’
- ‘In addition to horse racing, the territory even has a greyhound track where sleek canines race a mechanical rabbit.’
- ‘In my misspent youth I went to greyhound tracks.’
- ‘Other greyhound tracks involved in the deal are at Portsmouth, Oxford, Wimbledon, and Hall Green and Perry Barr, in Birmingham.’
- ‘He began life as a bookie up at the greyhound track and ended up living the Irish dream - he got rich by betting on horses.’
- ‘The main obstacle to passage of the new legislation is the objection of two greyhound track owners over the amount of money they will get for capital improvements.’
- ‘All roads lead to Kilkenny Greyhound Track on Friday night for a gala race card in aid of parish funds.’
- ‘He has also held positions at Las Vegas Downs, Park Jefferson, Sodrac Park, Wheeling Downs, and Pensacola Greyhound Track.’
- ‘As well as a new football stadium, the scheme could include an Olympic-sized swimming pool, cricket and rugby pitches and a greyhound track.’
- ‘Unless we can secure the future of the car park, the future of the greyhound track doesn't look good.’
- ‘A good winner at Tralee greyhound track last week was "Cloney's Rocket", who won a 550 yards race in 30:38.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.