Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A sport in which greyhounds race around a circular or oval track in pursuit of a moving dummy hare and spectators bet on the outcome.
- ‘Mícheál has also had a life-long interest in greyhound racing and regularly commentated on the sport on both radio and television.’
- ‘In its early years it was also used for greyhound racing and speedway racing.’
- ‘The stadium continued to host greyhound racing, horse shows and athletics.’
- ‘He was also a keen follower of greyhound racing and enjoyed regular success on the track with his dogs.’
- ‘The Irish Coursing Club continued to regulate greyhound racing in Northern Ireland.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.