One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sport in which greyhounds race around a circular or oval track in pursuit of a moving dummy hare and spectators bet on the outcome.
- ‘The stadium continued to host greyhound racing, horse shows and athletics.’
- ‘He was also a keen follower of greyhound racing and enjoyed regular success on the track with his dogs.’
- ‘In its early years it was also used for greyhound racing and speedway racing.’
- ‘Mícheál has also had a life-long interest in greyhound racing and regularly commentated on the sport on both radio and television.’
- ‘The Irish Coursing Club continued to regulate greyhound racing in Northern Ireland.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.