One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sport in which greyhounds race around a circular or oval track in pursuit of a moving dummy hare and spectators bet on the outcome.
- ‘He was also a keen follower of greyhound racing and enjoyed regular success on the track with his dogs.’
- ‘The Irish Coursing Club continued to regulate greyhound racing in Northern Ireland.’
- ‘The stadium continued to host greyhound racing, horse shows and athletics.’
- ‘In its early years it was also used for greyhound racing and speedway racing.’
- ‘Mícheál has also had a life-long interest in greyhound racing and regularly commentated on the sport on both radio and television.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.