Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for timber wolf
- ‘Lister is an admirer of America's Yellowstone Park, which reintroduced the grey wolf in 1995 - despite opposition from an influential farming lobby.’
- ‘The red wolf is larger than a coyote and smaller than a gray wolf.’
- ‘Cousin to the dog, the gray wolf is a highly social animal, preferring to live in packs.’
- ‘The grey wolf was heavily persecuted in Europe up until the most recent years.’
- ‘Male gray wolves may be over five to six feet long and weigh up to 100 pounds; females are 70 to 80 pounds.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.