One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An American tree squirrel with mainly grey fur.
- ‘A hungry gray squirrel will also raid a bird's nest for eggs, steal food from bird feeders and dig up plants.’
- ‘Under natural conditions, grey squirrels are most abundant in hardwood or mixed hardwood and pine forests.’
- ‘Animals co-habiting in the woods include field mice, grey squirrels, hedgehogs and three roe deer.’
- ‘The grey squirrel is larger than the red, usually about 10 inches long with a large bushy tail 8 inches long.’
- ‘The best time of year for trapping grey squirrels is between March and September, when their natural food is scarce.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.