One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A parrot of western equatorial Africa, with grey plumage and a red tail, often kept as a pet for its mimicking abilities.
- ‘Vancouverite Michelle Blaney takes in unwanted parrots, currently caring for four macaws, an African grey parrot and a cockatiel.’
- ‘Twenty five years of research has shown that grey parrots have cognitive intelligence equal to a 6.5 year old child and communication skills equal to a 2 + year old child.’
- ‘African grey parrots have the reputation as being the best talkers of the parrot kingdom.’
- ‘This amazing African grey parrot has a vocabulary that's greater than 950 words and actually invents words and phrases.’
- ‘In the last few years, though, the MIT professor Irene Pepperberg has been conducting some rather amazing experiments with her pet grey parrots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.