One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thick-bodied, blunt-headed fish that typically lives in inshore or estuarine waters and is a valued food fish.
- ‘Three species of mullet are common around the British coast, the grey mullet is the smallest species, reaching only around 30 cm.’
- ‘To our great joy we soon spotted a few grey mullet swimming close in and made a rush to the car to grab the fishing gear.’
- ‘A round, oily fish, grey mullet is tasty and full of vitamins.’
- ‘As you make your way back to the shore, the shallows are a good place to spot grey mullet foraging among the shingle.’
- ‘The grey mullet are normally only found in the river during the summer months, migrating to sea as the temperature drops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.