Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The most common grey goods are computers, electronic goods, motor vehicles, agricultural machinery and photocopiers.’
- ‘It looks at the market for grey goods in the UK, energy efficiency standards and stakeholder activities in this area, and the possible role of the Partnership.’
- ‘Parallel importers of grey goods do not generally disclose to consumers that they are not authorised dealers of the foreign principal or local licensed importer.’
- ‘Teams of investigators identify distributors of grey goods along these supply routes, and exclude them.’
- ‘But the safer route to attempting to block the importation of grey goods in this situation is clearly to assign the copyright, he says.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.