One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A decorative card sent to convey good wishes.
postcard, christmas card, birthday card, good luck card, get well card, sympathy cardView synonyms
- ‘The post office also sells a small selection of groceries as well as stationery and greetings cards.’
- ‘As the festive season approaches, the number of people sending electronic greetings cards will also rise rapidly.’
- ‘The business which bears her name stocks and sells a range of hand-made greetings cards, hand-made glassware and scented hand-made candles and jewellery.’
- ‘Statistics, for instance, tell American Greetings that women between the ages of 35 and 55 purchase 92% of all greetings cards.’
- ‘Each Christmas instead of sending out greetings cards to all its clients, it donates the funds to local good causes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.