One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed to greet customers at a shop, restaurant, or other business.
- ‘The doorman and greeter couldn't have been friendlier and arranged a guest list for us, unsolicited, at an equally pleasant members club nearby.’
- ‘But the company has also made clear that keeping its stores union-free is as much a part of Wal-Mart culture as door greeters and blue aprons.’
- ‘In stores like Target and Wal-Mart, shoppers are generally greeted with ‘happy holidays,’ although both stores say it's up to the individual greeter.’
- ‘To get more information about this neighbourhood we talked to one of the volunteer greeters who staff the Chicago Cultural Center and offer their local expertise to visitors free of charge.’
- ‘At the door, two greeters wished to know how I was doing and offered to help me find something.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.