Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Unfired pottery.
- ‘Cleaning your greenware in water is a safe way to clean, no dust.’
- ‘They can be applied to greenware or bisque ware using a brush or sponge.’
- ‘I learned to clean greenware and to use ceramic tools; I learned to use underglazes and stains; I learned about firing and some basics about underglazes and glazes.’
- ‘A large range of greenware is available to purchase, then it's up to you to create the masterpiece.’
- ‘It is a good idea to add bentonite to a glaze for greenware because it helps it shrink with the pot.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.