One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Across the countryside the increased greenness of both crops and grass has been noticeable during the last fortnight.’
- ‘When we did the trip last, in late spring, the sun on the willow trees heightened our awareness of the greenness after driving down through barren hills.’
- ‘As the plane headed to Christchurch she thought how beautiful everything looked, in particular the greenness of the countryside and the gardens in the city.’
- ‘This continued as we trundled around the gentle greenness of Perthshire.’
- ‘Venture inland and there are the foothills of the Pyrenees and the greenness of the fields always surprises UK visitors to northern Spain, who expect to see the arid conditions which predominate further south.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.