One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Here, rather than by the splashing, sunless cascade of the Gorges, is where to have your picnic, in a greenly Arcadian valley in the heart of the mountains.’
- ‘He was looking at the brother and sister with a queer expression on his face, something akin to suspicion and mistrust growing greenly in his eyes.’
- ‘With my two fellow passengers greenly studying their feet he was telling me what to expect of the boomerang-shaped island he calls home: ‘Rathlin's a place you'll either love or hate.’’
- ‘As they flew over the house and looked down on colourful gardens she could see a pool of some considerable size, glittering greenly in the sun.’
- ‘Despite running greenly in that race and in the Matron on September 15, Storm Flag Flying has scored both wins with ease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.