One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A spiny-finned edible fish of the North Pacific.
Family Hexagrammidae: two genera and several species, including the lingcod
- ‘Gurnards, flatheads, scorpionfishes, greenlings, and sculpins live in the Indian, Pacific, and Atlantic oceans.’
- ‘An individual male kelp greenling may guard up to 11 egg masses simultaneously, although the average number is four.’
- ‘During winter the painted greenlings go into a mating mode and the male turns very dark, while the female has dark stripes.’
- ‘Marine life includes sea lemons, lingcod, kelp greenlings, silvery pile perch, wolf eels and even decorated warbonnets with spikes on their heads.’
- ‘Kelp greenling are a common fish in rocky and kelp areas from central California north, but few are taken on piers south of San Francisco.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.