One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A glass building in which plants that need protection from cold weather are grown.
hothouse, conservatoryView synonyms
- ‘Mangoes and nectarines were grown in the heated greenhouses.’
- ‘Ask your city or county building department if you need a permit to erect a greenhouse.’
- ‘The disease mainly afflicts plants in commercial greenhouses.’
- ‘Plants were grown in a greenhouse under natural light.’
- ‘The greenhouse was constantly ventilated during daytime to maintain the inside temperature similar to that of the outside.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.