One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A retailer of fruit and vegetables.‘white cabbage was selling for 12p a lb at the greengrocer's’
- ‘The local butchers and greengrocers look great, but I never once saw the word ‘organic’ on anything.’
- ‘I'm amazed at how little it has changed. There is still a deli at No 31 and a greengrocer's next door.’
- ‘I also go to the farmer's market that's started nearby, but then the greengrocer pointed out to me that it's damaging his business.’
- ‘East Greenwich is desperately in need of a proper greengrocers within a few minutes walk.’
- ‘I just hope that supermarkets do not put all butchers and greengrocers out of business, as I personally hate supermarkets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.