Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- North American term for green fingers
- ‘Container gardening makes it possible to have a garden where plants wouldn't otherwise take root and gives those of us without a ‘real ‘garden a chance to flex our green thumbs!’’
- ‘‘My wife and I don't have green thumbs,’ John confesses, ‘so the garden is perfect for us.’’
- ‘If you have a green thumb and a bit of spare time maybe you should think about putting on the gardening gloves and becoming involved in the community gardens.’
- ‘For those of you without a green thumb, I have the perfect spring tonic - wildflower walks.’
- ‘If you have a green thumb, why not provide lawn care for some of your neighbors?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.