One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A harmless American snake with a green back and white or yellowish underparts.
- ‘Too much water in the substrate seems to cause green snakes to develop little blisters.’
- ‘In order to grow, the smooth green snake must shed its skin.’
- ‘Although rough green snakes are not baskers and do not require a basking light, we recommend providing a full-spectrum light for additional warmth during the day.’
- ‘Smooth green snakes frequent prairies, oak savannas, bracken grasslands, open areas in pine barrens, and grassy areas along forest edges.’
- ‘Often slow to adapt and to accept food, once green snakes do eat they are often voracious and consume a lot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.