One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fruit-eating pigeon with mainly green plumage occurring in the Old World tropics.
- ‘Of the game birds, the species such as ducks, teals, sand grouses, quails, green pigeons, black-bucks etc. are commonly found in the district.’
- ‘Replanted areas where the canopy has closed that are situated close to good forest might support green pigeons, Oriental Pied Hornbill Anthracoceros albirostris and possibly wood pigeons.’
- ‘There are guides here who will enthusiastically point out more than 300 species, including pheasants, green pigeons, doves, Malabar pied hornbills, bee-eaters, bulbuls and more.’
- ‘Soon enough, there was some commotion among the birders as Nilo pointed out a flock of green pigeons.’
- ‘The green pigeons are endemic to the Andaman islands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.