One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Natural ability in growing plants.‘you really do have green fingers’North American term green thumb‘orchids are the supreme test for green fingers’
- ‘The sunny south-westerly garden should appeal to those with green fingers.’
- ‘Running a garden centre requires special skills, and is also very labour intensive as anyone with green fingers will know.’
- ‘Everyone from five to 95 can get involved and nobody is so busy or lacking in green fingers that they can't plant a window-box.’
- ‘Hemant himself loved gardening and was born with green fingers.’
- ‘I need to do quite a lot of digging and planting very soon, but I really haven't got green fingers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.