Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A charge for playing one round or session on a golf course.
- ‘The green fee was $2 on weekdays, $4 on weekends.’
- ‘Management has been able to increase green fees and get the course in the best shape it has ever been.’
- ‘The website offers information on golf courses and green fees as well as information on whether handicap certificates will be required.’
- ‘Prices start from €600,000 and buyers will also receive a 50 per cent discount on green fees on two of Quinta's golf courses.’
- ‘These additional expenses are most likely going to be passed on to the golfer in the form of higher greens fees.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.