One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An assessment of a business in terms of its impact on the environment.
- ‘Participating in green audits also helps companies avoid legal liability over environmental issues.’
- ‘The idea of a "green audit" is not new, but the insistence of the First Minister that it should happen is.’
- ‘As well as announcing the green audit tomorrow, the First Minister may promise delivery of a long-awaited set of environmental indicators designed to measure progress towards sustainability.’
- ‘Over five years ago, we carried out a green audit and asked ourselves how we could make the park more environmentally friendly.’
- ‘Wouldn't it be easier for consumers and companies alike to have just one green audit instead of so many?’
- ‘Wall Street and investment groups are chiming in on green audits.’
- ‘It's a confusing category, because at least 50 different green audits measure environmental performance.’
- ‘Erin Porter did an environmental audit of the photography lab at her Pittsburgh High School as part of her environmental club's schoolwide green audit for Earth Day 2000.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.