One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Photosynthetic algae which contain chlorophyll and store starch in discrete chloroplasts. They are eukaryotic and most live in fresh water, ranging from unicellular flagellates to more complex multicellular forms.
- ‘A typical marine community consisted of these animals, plus red and green algae, primitive fish, cephalopods, corals, crinoids, and gastropods.’
- ‘This microscopic, single-celled green algae contains more chlorophyll than any known plant - nearly four times the amount found in spirulina.’
- ‘However, in the free state, these bacteria are generally found as filamentous green algae in fresh and brackish waters.’
- ‘Mussels were kept in dechlorinated water and fed every other day with cultured green algae.’
- ‘Diatoms and green algae exhibited up to ninefold higher growth rates than those for cyanobacterial species.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.