One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See green thumb
- ‘We live in a disposable society, but most green-thumbed people are keen recyclers and baulk at one-use wonders.’
- ‘If you're a senior gardener or have a green-thumbed elderly relative, don't miss ‘Gardening in Georgia’ July 19 or 21.’
- ‘This CD is the perfect companion for green-thumbed listeners as they work in the garden, or for those who simply enjoy the pleasures nature has to offer.’
- ‘Simon Tiffin is the editor of the hip men's magazine Esquire and typical of the new breed of green-thumbed city-dwellers.’
- ‘Small-space gardening has always been a challenge for green-thumbed owners of condo courtyards, apartment balconies and lot-line back yards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.