One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But other factors, among them the perception of common Greekness and the Panhellenic dimension of religion, create pressures towards openings.’
- ‘Preservation of those qualities which were considered to constitute Greekness - descent, religion, language, and customs - did not depend upon absolute autonomy.’
- ‘The idea of a transhistorically permanent idea of Greece and Greekness fails to recognise a long European history of intermixing nomadic tribes, slavery and successive colonising invasions.’
- ‘But Horace sharply distinguishes Greek models from Greek content, and, it might be argued, from Greekness itself.’
- ‘However, the ingredients were fresh and tasty, even if lacking, in this case, a little authentic Greekness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.