One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pattern of interlocking right-angled spirals.
- ‘In the 1870s engineering firms began to market geometric etching machines which led to the mass production of glasses decorated with linear patterns including circles and the Greek key.’
- ‘The original floorboards, painted white with a Greek key design, contrast with the rich red walls.’
- ‘They make up, for example, a Greek key and grapevine arch around a mosaic image of Persephone eating a pomegranate.’
- ‘Another important find is a bronze belt plate of the classic Greek key design.’
- ‘The architrave includes a Greek key design and other symbols, and the side archivolts are decorated with acanthus leaves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.