One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The chief keyboard in a large organ and its related pipes and mechanism.
- ‘The Debussy quote (‘The tall peaceful trees would be like the pipes of a great organ… ‘) within the accompanying booklet hints at the expansive breadth of the seventeen pieces.’’
- ‘Roskilde was picked in part because, as well as its great organ, it possesses two additional Marcussen organs which work at concert pitch and the lower Baroque pitch.’
- ‘This version by Peter Reeve maintains the chorale sound of the organ in one of the most familiar and beloved works by the great organ master.’
- ‘Grace understood and silently walked to the bed where she sat and carefully tucked her feet beneath her as she watched her teacher's back, now seated at the great organ.’
- ‘The church has a great organ also, which I was lucky enough to play once for a wedding there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.