Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another name for mother goddess
- ‘Among their earliest forms, dragons were associated with the Great Mother, the water god and the warrior sun god.’
- ‘We are creatures of life and of nature and as such our Great Mother would not allow us to bring harm to her other children.’
- ‘‘Julia’ is an invocation of the Great Mother, symbolised as the ocean.’
- ‘Eventually, the space and the stones no longer sufficed and he began to dig warrens and galleries into the hill, creating a small labyrinth that allowed him to ‘be with the Great Mother, with the seed of all humanity, Mother Earth’.’
- ‘We believed there would be a trinity: a Great Mother Goddess, a Sun god, and a Moon goddess.’
- ‘They consider Mary to be the Goddess, at least in the form of the Great Mother.’
- ‘You're the Dream Weaver and the Great Mother must have blessed you with a vision of a potential future.’
- ‘Thus, the Great Mother who grants life and abundance in this world is the same Great Mother who grants life and abundance in the Underworld; and the same forces that affect death in this world are the same that do it there.’
- ‘The unknown god of the man had challenged the Great Mother.’
- ‘Their god wouldn't dare defy the Great Mother, or it would be a battle of the gods.’
- ‘In a matter of days, they had drawn up a business plan for a women-specific apparel company and christened it Isis, after the Egyptian Great Mother goddess.’
- ‘I stood to stretch and looked around as my spiritual vision adjusted, trying to see what the Great Mother was showing me.’
- ‘The earth was also full of lesser deities or earth spirits, avatars of the Great Mother with whom shamans communicated and who were associated with particular places and functions.’
- ‘The garden thrives on the scent of positive decay - of recycling and renewal - of organics slowly disintegrating into the soil to become one with the Great Mother again.’
- ‘We upon the Mortal Realm witnessed the rage of the All-Creator and suffered His wrath but still we kept our prayers to the Great Mother Earth, asking Her for assistance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.