One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of all sizes, classes, or types.‘all creatures great and small’
- ‘The government-run Nature Reserve is not just about looking after the orang-utans, however - it is about preserving an entire wildlife habitat, ensuring that all species great and small within the resort are protected.’
- ‘How do you run a world where every nation, great and small, conforms to the latest definition of democracy, when equality between nations and between their citizens is simply not a realistic part of the equation?’
- ‘Available and affordable to all people, great and small, this half-moon of golden flaky pastry filled with spicy ground beef is the kind of food upon which admirable societies are based.’
- ‘His dream is to travel the world and take photos of insects, spiders and all bugs great and small.’
- ‘Rugby is a team sport, but one which has been said to be the most ‘democratic'. That is, all creatures great and small can play the game.’
- ‘The result is a continuous stream of reliably professional performances of choral works great and small, led by some of the area's most talented conductors.’
- ‘I'm very much a nature person, aware of life all around me and appreciative of creatures and plants, great and small.’
- ‘There's an air of suspicion and distrust about that permeates all walks and all levels of life, great and small.’
- ‘All creatures, great and small, were out in force as local farmers put their animals on display and the competition was intense as the cattle and livestock judging competitions got underway.’
- ‘It deals with all kinds of matters, great and small.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.