One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A daughter of one's grandchild.
- ‘I have 11 grandsons and five granddaughters and now I have my first great-granddaughter.’
- ‘The couple have two sons, one grandson and one granddaughter and two great-granddaughters.’
- ‘She was predeceased by her husband and is survived by three children, a sister, eight grandchildren and a great-granddaughter.’
- ‘They now have six grandchildren and six great-granddaughters.’
- ‘Roma was being joined on her big day by her son and daughter, five grand children, and her great-granddaughter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.