One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His hair is white and long and he combs it straight back in a greaseless pompadour.’
- ‘The pastry was substantial, flaky and greaseless - a tough combination to pull off.’
- ‘To absorb excess oil, sprinkle a bit of talc on a brush and work it through the hair from scalp to ends to produce a fresh, greaseless finish.’
- ‘The cooking for all its tentative seasoning is clean, greaseless and founded on adequate ingredients.’
- ‘The frying of tempura, too, is exquisite, lightness itself: the thin brittle batter is greaseless and things like rock shrimps, courgettes and tomatoes are lovely.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.