One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The frying of tempura, too, is exquisite, lightness itself: the thin brittle batter is greaseless and things like rock shrimps, courgettes and tomatoes are lovely.’
- ‘His hair is white and long and he combs it straight back in a greaseless pompadour.’
- ‘The cooking for all its tentative seasoning is clean, greaseless and founded on adequate ingredients.’
- ‘To absorb excess oil, sprinkle a bit of talc on a brush and work it through the hair from scalp to ends to produce a fresh, greaseless finish.’
- ‘The pastry was substantial, flaky and greaseless - a tough combination to pull off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.